Monday 31 December 2007

I have decided to catch for myself a leprechaun

I have been scrimping and saving for some time now but I still cannot save enough for my trip to Japan. So, I have decided to catch for myself a leprechaun. Why? Because it is the easiest way to get rich! Let me explain.
According to the wizardress (a female wizard), Madam Enid Blyton, leprechauns are the only ones who know where the end of the rainbow is and, everybody knows that at the end of the rainbow lies a huge pot of gold.
Why is it that only leprechauns know where the end of the rainbow is located? Well, according to mythology, all leprechauns are gold miners. In the old days, they mined the gold and buried them in secret hiding places. Unfortunately, leprechauns are also very forgetful; so they could not remember the places where their gold was buried.
One day, they decided to ask the Fairy Godmother for help. The Fairy Godmother, being a kind and helpful lady, waved her magic wand while reciting a secret magic formula (which I cannot reveal here because it has been copyrighted) and, lo and behold, a huge pot appeared at the end of the rainbow! The Fairy Godmother then advised the leprechauns to store their gold in the pot. “But what if others were to steal our gold?” the leprechauns chorused. With a serene smile on her face and a twinkle in her eyes, the Fairy Godmother replied calmly, “Nobody can steal your gold because only you can find the end of the rainbow. Others can only see the top half of the rainbow but not the bottom half because it is of the colours der, erango, welloy, nreeg, elub, ondigi and tiolev which only you can see.” So, it came to be that only leprechauns can find the end of the rainbow.
So how do you make a leprechaun take you to the gold? They are such misers.
I will let you in on a secret if you promise not to tell anyone. You promise? OK, I believe you. Leprechauns have one weakness; even greater than their love of gold is their fear of bathing. All one has to do is to pretend to make them take a bath and they would gladly take you to the end of the rainbow.
Now, has anybody seen a little old man with a beard dressed all in green like Robin Hood?

4 comments:

dewway said...

Dear papa, since u're saving for the Japan trip yourself - it seems like i dont need to save for our trip anymore, ok?

wildfather said...

Okay. If I catch that leprechaun, I will pay for your trip. Don't tell the others.

Unknown said...

In our search for content on the web, we ran across some interesting sites that claim they know how to catch a Leprechaun. So happens we are looking for one to burn his/her image into one of our Personalized Laser Crystals (www.mycrystalportrait.com). So here is the deal, you bring us the Leprechaun and we'll give you $100 dollars and burn you the crystal. We promise to let him/her go once we get a scan.

wildfather said...

Nice try andre but I am not letting the leprechaun out of my sight until I lay my hands on the pot of gold.