Wednesday 17 December 2008

Someone has taken away my sense of humour

Having lost so many friends and relatives, I am acutely aware of my own mortality. As such, I have decided to wake up every morning with a smile on my face, thankful that I have another day and determined to make it a happy one.
Lately, however, the smile is gone; someone has taken away my sense of humour and, as you are all aware, without it, one cannot be happy.
Now, who can that be?

Can it be the missus? Has she taken it away in retaliation because I do not enjoy the shopping trips as much as she does? How can I be happy and cheerful when I have to be on my feet for hours on end with only the shopping bags as my companions?

Or, is it my daughters? They have recently fought over a compact disc and are now engaged in a “cold” war. Unfortunately, I have to remain silent and wait for the war to end because I cannot be perceived to be on either side; that would only aggravate the situation.

Maybe, it is my son (he is the eldest). He seems a bit preoccupied of late. It could be because of his impending move to France. My son and I are pretty close now compared to when he was younger. I suppose it is my fault but, unlike others, I am not born to be a father; I have to learn to be one. Furthermore, I was only 27 when he was born and, as I am one of those who grow old faster than they grow up, I was practically a kid then.

Some of you may not know this but a sense of humour is priceless at my age. So will whoever has taken it away return it to me as soon as possible, please?

2 comments:

*weiwei~ said...

I hope your sense of humour is back, daddy. =) Sorry if I had indirectly cause it to be lost for awhile. You're the world's best daddy!!! Now, that should put a smile on your face. Love you, papi.

wildfather said...

Yes, it's back. a friend just borrowed it but that it does not fit.