Friday 21 March 2008

Morn


I see the rising sun
Peeping above the hill
I see the rays of light
Slicing the early chill
I see the fluffy clouds
Hovering, grey and still
I see the early birds
And hear their songs so shrill

I see the dewy grass
Glistening in the light
I see the flowers bloom
My, what a wondrous sight
A myriad of colours
Tantalizing and bright
Oh, what a difference
From the dark silent night

I smell the air so fresh
As a breeze kisses my cheek
Rustling leaves in the trees
While it plays hide and seek
I hear a gentle babble
And it comes from the creek
I spy a golden shaft
As the sun takes a peek

As I stroll on the path
Across the lush green meadow
Past bridges, lakes and brooks
In this sleepy hollow
The mist-shrouded mountains
Basking in morning's glow
Adds a touch of splendour
To mother nature's show

2 comments:

kloozo said...

it's beautiful

wildfather said...

Thank you kloozo. Do visit again.